Friday, March 23, 2012

I promise you...

I had the coolest conversation today with a student...
interestingly enough it followed this video:

The Most Amazing Fact by Neil deGrasse Tyson

Student: So, are we like the biggest example of recycling ever?
Me: Absolutely. That's a really cool way to think about it.
Student: And, we are really super stars!
Me: Yep.
Student: Science is all around me.
Me: True.
Student: Once you start seeing science, you can't unsee it.
Me: I promise!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

  1. Excellent insight! I love this post... I was able to meet Neil deGrasse Tyson at Kennedy Space Center this past September. He is quite fascinating. - Victoria (love4thgrade.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing.
    These conversations is what it's really all about, isn't it?
    Great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it great when you have these moments! I love how my students can sometimes focus right in on the Big Ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved this post! Love how it was understood as recycling... BTW - I see that the video you linked to in your post has been removed from YouTube... Could you use this one to replace it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOLuTOiSYkY

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim-
      Thank you for the new link. :)
      And, thank you for the twitter mention!
      Leah

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for sharing!
    This is beautiful!
    Ally

    ReplyDelete