Also, I am also looking to build this relationship up with a class to class connection that will be on a more full time basis. I want to essentially merge two classes to work together to explore science. Using combined efforts with resources, ideas, and students, I would love to make a year long commitment with our classes.
If so, here's what I'm looking for:
- 5th grade class (connection in science content)
- Ohio preferably (due to state standards)
- willing to Skype or Google chat on a weekly (building up to daily) basis from the very beginning of school for class period
- Willing to connect classes through Edmodo and possibly Twitter
- Willing to integrate technology with emphasis possibly on iPad project use, video, and web-site development of content learning
- Willing to engage students in a more problem based learning style
- Interested in connecting classes to science and technology professionals via Skype
If this sounds interesting and worth having a conversation about, please let me know on this blog or through twitter @llacrosse
I would love to explore learning in this format. I think we are doing great things in 5th grade @lacrossescience and I would love to take this next step.
Please share this request. :) I can brainstorm possible connection possibilities.