Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Liebster Award...Cool!

Thank you to Nancy C at Teaching is Elementary for the Liebster Award Nomination. How cool!
I think it is a pretty cool process, and I'm excited to get involved.

So, here goes...

The Rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself.
2. You must answer the questions that the nominator set for you. 
3. You must create 11 new questions for the people you nominate.
4. You must choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post. 
5. No tag backs to the blog that nominated you, but do leave a comment on their post with the URL of your Liebster post.

Random Things About Me:
  1. I would rather drive my first car, Chevy Chevette, than my current SUV, Envoy.
  2. I bought my home because it had a maple, willow, and apple tree!
  3. My daughter and son are the only people that can get me to sing.
  4. My husband proposed to me on Halloween.
  5. I LOVE Arizona and all states west!
  6. I love skiing and kinda stink at snowboarding (but love to claim it).
  7. I love Muppets, Fraggles, Ninja Turtles, Scooby Doo, and Darkwing Duck. Seriously, LOVE!
  8. My first school project that I remember enjoying was a mock interview video in which I was featured as a world known brain surgeon. (I said that I wanted to fix my sister's brain. Ha!)
  9. I cried when my maple tree was cut down this summer. I sobbed when my apple tree was taken out in a storm a couple years ago. And, I plan on moving if my willow tree ever falls!
  10. I get SO excited watching my kids play sports, but I'm terrified of them getting hurt. So, I mostly hold my breath during their games.
  11. I can't help but SEE science all around me...constantly. Seriously, I'm thinking of electrons, light energy, and more while typing this!

Questions from Nancy:
  1. Favorite Book? John Steinbeck- The Moon Is Down
  2. What is your earliest memory? Playing with my older sister and Holly Hobby dolls.
  3. Favorite Sound? My newest dog, Leo, "talking" and my oldest dog, Shadow, breathing.
  4. Book or eReader? BOOK!
  5. Last movie you saw at the theater? Life of Pi...loved it!
  6. If you weren't in education - what would you do? Roofer
  7. Can you speak another language? If so, which one? Nope!
  8. Favorite subject to teach? Science
  9. Sports team you like to watch? Cleveland Cavaliers
  10. A favorite lesson to teach? Animal Adaptations
  11. Would you rather receive an email or letter in the mail? Letter in the mail...love opening a letter from one of my best friends, Katie!
My questions:
  1. Do you remember your first school project that mattered to you?
  2. When you see a sunset, do you think "gorgeous" or "refracted light"?
  3. Have you ever wanted to talk to a former teacher? Did you?
  4. What is your least favorite movie?
  5. Are you ever interested in running a marathon?
  6. What is the most interesting idea you've heard in the last week?
  7. Do you have a comfy place to read in your home? Or, are you a roaming reader?
  8. Do you have a special cause or foundation that you are passionate about?
  9. When are you most likely to check your twitter feed?
  10. What is your favorite holiday?
  11. Given a million dollars, who do you tell first?
My choices:
I hope that you check out blog posts from the list above. I have learned from all of the authors. Each offers my brain something different that I need to keep learning and growing.

Again, thank you, Nancy! You have connected with me on some of my key posts, and I so appreciate it! Your voice is always welcome in my mind.

Always.



1 comment:

  1. Not sure why I hadn't seen this before! Thanks for taking the "Leibster" and going forth! Can't imagine being a roofer as I'm afraid of heights.
    So glad you are a teacher - imagine all those kids missing out on your caring and expertise!

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete