Tuesday, October 13, 2015

#92/365 One of my favorite books... If you haven't read the book, Oh the Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss, you definitely have to pick up a copy. It's one of my all time favorites. The message of perseverance and failure and success is so well written and illustrated. The character is displayed as finding the many challenges that life holds in a journey to the end. The difficulties that he faces in the book are ones that I think everyone can relate to. I've actually given this book to a handful of people after two very special friends, Kristi Palmer and Lois Baumann, gave it to me for my graduation. The book meant so much to me. It was exactly what I needed at that time of my life to help me keep moving forward. Later, I wanted to share the message of success and perseverance with others. I've given the book to former athletes or students as they are graduating. Tonight, we will be having our spaghetti dinner before our cross country conference meet on Saturday. I don't anticipate saying much. The message that I want to give my athletes is this… You selected a sport that asks for everything you've got. It requires you to be strong of body and mind. It asks you to push through injuries, doubts, and fear. Ultimately, cross country brings you closer to yourself. You will listen more closely to your inner voice then ever before. You will accept challenges that you may not have before. You will push yourself beyond limits that others will never conceive of trying. "Will you succeed? Yes! You will, indeed! (98 and 3/4 percent guaranteed.) KID, YOU'LL MOVE MOUNTAINS!" It's not about the coaching, the splits, the PRs...it's always been about your inner voice and loving to run. #CC2015


via IFTTT

No comments:

Post a Comment